Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Voice and the Thoughts


Barbra Streisand verbatim:
•••
My mother never really thought I could become anything.
•••
I also have intense relationships with furniture... probably because we practically had none when I was growing up.
Barbra Joan Streisand
•••
I was kind of a wild child. I wasn't taught the niceties of life.
•••
I was a personality before I became a person - I am simple, complex, generous, selfish, unattractive, beautiful, lazy and driven.
•••
I just became a singer, because I could never get work as an actress.
•••
I've considered having my nose fixed. But I didn't trust anyone enough. If I could do it myself with a mirror.
•••
I’ve been called many names like perfectionist, difficult and obsessive. I think it takes obsession, takes searching for the details for any artist to be good.
•••
Why is it men are permitted to be obsessed about their work, but women are only permitted to be obsessed about men?
•••
The audience is the barometer of the truth.
•••
I can take any truth; just don’t lie to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment