Friday, June 19, 2015

When Roz Arose


Cary Grant with Rosalind Russell

“I dealt with what I had to deal with, and I relished the work. (Obviously, since I made my way to some studio or other for 40 years, more or less),” Rosalind Russell said of her career as an actress in her autobiography, Life Is a Banquet.
“Every day at 5 a.m., I’d throw on a shirt and pants and an old topcoat, stumble out of doors, take a look at the garden, get into my car, and still half asleep, drive to the studio. We started shooting at 9 a.m., but first came hair, makeup and wardrobe fittings. I didn’t mind that. I love the early mornings.
“Somebody once quoted me as having said, ‘God gave us from five to seven so we could get up and beat the traffic.’ I think that’s funny, but the real reason I’ve always loved the morning hours is, it’s the only time you can ever have alone, time that belongs to you, and not to the world or your home or your husband or your boss.”
I couldn’t agree with her more.

No comments:

Post a Comment